Saturday 28 September 2013

FAUX FIX: EBAY BAGS

Having recently sold all of my leather goods on eBay including my fav: Zara and Reiss bags, KG boots and Topshop shoes (yes I'm that serious) I had to find alternative Faux babies to replace them.  I decided it was high time to ditch the leather as my (higher) conscious and journey to being a 100% vegan would no longer allow it. I've read some pretty awful things about the leather industry which you can check out on PETA's website here, it is graphic but then all animal cruelty is and I think it's important for everyone to know the truth before deciding whether to wear leather for yourself.

Wearing leather had weighed on my mind as a vegetarian and now that I'd turned completely vegan I didn't want to be a hypocrite. It didn't seem right to keep them, no matter how much I loved the style of the bags and the boots, what I didn't love was where they came from and the story behind them.


First things first is a bag replacement as I've always been more of a handbag girl than a shoe girl. I love the fact that you can find designer replicas on eBay and being so cheap they are almost always made from faux leather and suede. 



An actual vegan bag label worth mentioning is Matt & Nat, they do women's and men's bags all made from sustainable materials with a lining made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles (cool eh!). My boyfriend actually has one of their weekend man bags, he bought it from ASOS a couple of years ago but you can still buy them directly from the Matt & Nat website here. They're made really well and last forever (his is still in perfect condition even now), plus they aren't that expensive either considering what you'd probably splurge on a leather one.



1 comment: