Wednesday 2 October 2013

READY, SET, GLOW!

As promised here is my review for the Lily Lolo goodies I purchased last week. Now I don't profess to be a make up buff or anything like that, I'm just a girl that enjoys wearing make-up, like everyday, as in won't even go to the shops without at least a slick of mascara and concealer! 

I don't even particularly like to experiment with makeup either but must have tried out every brand going when trying to pin down my everyday faithfuls. Until now my signature look has always been: Rimmel wake me up liquid foundation and concealer (switching to Chanel whenever I could afford it), Max Factor finishing powder, YSL or Mac red lipstick, Chanel black crayon eyeliner, Benefit 'They're Real' mascara, Rimmel Autumn blush/Nars orgasm and a Bobbi Brown brick palette for a neutral eye.

That was pretty much me, day in day out, you could say I was stuck in a make-up rut. So to try out something new was pretty exciting and I'm so glad I did! As you know I'm on a quest to find natural, alternative products as I don't want to lather chemicals or lead on my face every day (see earlier post here) and Lily Lolo was exactly what I was looking for. I found the brand through the ravingly good reviews on MakeUpAlley.com and once I saw the price of their mineral starter kit I was sold. At only £13.49 for a starter kit and sample size products on offer, it makes it easy to take the leap of faith and experiment with getting the right shade of mineral foundation. I actually needn't have bothered with the kit as I bought a sample of 'Warm Peach' foundation alongside it and I knew that was the perfect shade for me as soon as I tried it, proving the website's Shade Guide to be extremely accurate. Alongside 3 foundation shades, the 'light' kit also contained a baby Buki brush and the sheer finishing powder.

I am in Love with the results, I really wasn't expecting too much as I doubted that mineral powder, dusted on lightly with a fluffy brush could give me the same kind of coverage as a liquid foundation slapped on heavily with my fingers! I did dip the brush in a couple of times when applying but you only need a very small amount of product each time. It was all so easy to apply and even has the little separator holes so you don't use too much product or have any spillages. You must be sure to moisturise first though as the powder will highlight any dry patches. The final effect was lovely and glowing, my skin barely felt like I was wearing any makeup at all! I also have quite dark circles so the yellow corrector did a good job at disguising them too, I bought one of their sponges to apply this but it didn't work very well so ended up using one of my own brushes instead so would definitely get one of their concealer brush next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment