Tuesday 29 October 2013

NUTS FOR BROWNIES


I found this recipe for vegan brownies on the internet a while back and have been wanting to make them ever since but somehow never got round to it. Last night I finally pulled all of the ingredients together and gave it a whirl while the boyfriend was out, as me + baking = lot's of mess in our open plan kitchen.

The photographs really don't do these brownies justice (I'm working on upgrading my camera soon) as these were scrum-diddly-umptious if I do say so myself! The consistency was just right, a key component to making the perfect brownies. For me they've got to be gooey in the middle and slightly harder on the outside with plenty of chocolate so they're nice and moist. I even added my own dairy-free chocolate chips (80g), from Wholefoods and 3 big spoonfuls (or 100g) of organic Whole Earth peanut butter to give it some oomph. 

I was shocked by the measurements as it seemed like a lot and it turned out it was! It gave me so many brownies I don't know what I'm going to do with them all. Safe to say I'll be palming them off on to friends and family all week long. The pics show the big ole slabs I first cut them into but I will be cutting them down to halves or even bitesize chunks, after finding out how gooily rich they are!

Although not the healthiest of recipes we all need a sugar fix now and again and these brownies will certainly do the trick! (to be enjoyed in moderation of course...).


2 comments:

  1. OMG! So delicious:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ira! A little too delicious methinks... :)

    ReplyDelete