Saturday 23 November 2013

GOURMET BURGER KITCHEN

GBK Falafel Burger

GBK Covent Garden

Last weekend my boyfriend and I decided to take our traditional yearly trip to Covent Garden to soak in the Christmas atmosphere. This year I had a little panic wondering where I would eat out then I remembered the Gourmet Burger Kitchen has always had a good range of veggie burgers so hoped there would be something vegan on the menu. 

The staff were really accommodating to my requirements and allowed me to modify the falafel burger to come without the cucumber raita or garlic mayo. Apparently they also cook all the veggie burgers in a separate fryer to the meat which is really good to know. The falafels were fried and smooshy in the middle, my favourite kind! We also ordered a side of chunky fries and some onion rings to share, the whole thing was deelicious! I was super full afterwards which was perfect as it warmed me up and kept me going throughout our busy day, I still couldn't eat a bite come dinnertime (highly unlike me).

If your wondering about the monkey nuts in the pic, they're free and you can help yourself to snack on them before your meal but seeing as it's so filling I wouldn't advise it! I also took a few shots of the interior as it's the prettiest GBK I've seen.


If your planning to visit London in the next couple of months be sure to stop by Covent Garden for the market, live music, chestnuts roasting and those giant baubles! It's guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit. 


Topshop Hat (similar)// Scarf (Urban Outfitters vintage)

No comments:

Post a Comment