Tuesday 19 November 2013

ELF MINERAL LIPSTICK




After binning my whole make-up collection (yep that's right) when I decided to avoid parabens, aluminium and animal ingredients for good (see older post here). I'm still trying to expand my make-up bag and grow my collection of natural vegan lipsticks. So I thought I'd give Elf's mineral lipstick line a go, after hearing only good things about it. 

Their website states the range is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes (hooray!). I really like the application of the lipstick and it certainly lives up to it's description, it really does glide on easily and leave your lips feeling nourished, as though your wearing a balm rather than a lipstick. But make no mistake, although they are natural they're also really pigmented and there's no need for blotting, lining or sealing, this lipstick goes on perfect all by itself! 


(this actually looks like I lined my lips but it's just the light)

I love the Cheerful Cherry shade but the Runway Pink is a little too bubblegum for my liking, I was actually on the lookout for a more neutral shade but this goes on much pinker than it photographs, making the website photos a little bit deceiving. I've tried to photograph it in different ways so hopefully this post will help you guys decide! I would say the most accurate colour of the pink would be the pic of my lips and for the red it would be the swatch on my hand. 

I would like to try the whole Elf mineral lipstick line eventually, as they feel so nice to wear and will probably order some more shades soon, seeing as they're only £5 a pop and the cheapest vegan line around! 

Have you ever tried the Elf mineral range? Let me know what you think of it and what your favourite product is.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely colours on you think i may purchase the Cheerful Cherry

    New followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrieanne! So kind. Yes do it, cheerful cherry is an amazing colour for winter! xx

      Delete