Sunday 17 November 2013

COOKIE CAKES


I'm calling these cookie cakes as they're a bit of a spongey/crispy hybrid, perfect for when you can't decide whether you fancy a cookie or a cake, well now you can have both!

The recipe for these can be found here, I used a muffin tin to bake them so it would give me a deep cakey cookie but you can just use a flat baking tray if you'd prefer. Otherwise I kept the recipe pretty much the same, the only addition I made was a 1/2 cup of walnuts (having found these are rich in Omega-3 I'm trying to amp up my intake!) I also opted for soya margarine rather than oil and added an extra 3/4 cup of almond milk to give them a spongey cake texture rather than a crisp cookie one. 

I love that the recipe is measured in cups, it's so simple to follow and means you can't really get it wrong, which means the quicker it's ready and in my belly!


Using a spatula for this part really helps get it all in as the mixture is quite sticky!


They will never come out brown so take them out when they are lightly golden, you don't want to burn them! I cooked my cookies in a preheated oven for 14mins at 180C.


I couldn't wait to tuck in, the perfect partner in crime for a cuppa tea! 

2 comments:

  1. They sound and look so yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love cookies!!!! :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete