Sunday 1 December 2013

WORKOUT WISHLIST

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

While everyone else is thinking about Christmas preparations I'm thinking about workout preparations. A month ago I joined my local gym and while I may have had a habit of letting my workouts fall by the wayside in the past, I'm determined not to let it happen this time (famous last words!). However I have been keeping to my word and going at least 2-3 times a week, the only thing that's slightly hindering my routine at the moment is my kit, I'm in desperate need of some long joggers like the Nike ones in the pic. The thought of going out in my trusty pair of cropped Nike leggings in this weather is enough to send me running straight back to the sofa with a blanket and hot chocolate (I know I'm such a girl). 

My ideal gym kit consists of a couple of pieces I currently own, the BPA free Delta Hydration water bottle by Kor (7) and Mizuno Wave Rider trainers (6) in the hope that I will eventually be able to afford the rest of the wish list items to go with them! Mizuno trainers are the best for running, they're so supportive and bouncy, I bought this pair last year after having my run analysed in my local sports shop. This is where they put you on a treadmill for a few minutes and recommend trainers based on your stride, they also create insoles moulded specifically to your feet which helps to prevent any running injuries, a must for anyone who runs regularly. The Mizuno trainers are coincidentally not made of leather, however I have heard some people online say they may use animal ingredients in their glue (not confirmed) so you might want to check this out by contacting the company. 

I'm all for gym gadgets, whatever makes my workout go quicker and easier is fine by me! The Polar watch (8) counts calories based on your heart rate, which seems a lot more accurate than casually gripping the machine handle bars now and again, not to mention calories burned during floor work and weights. The little iPod shuffle would also be ideal to clip on to my waistband as I'm too worried to run full speed with my iPhone attached to my ears (I also have the habit of forgetting I'm still attached before leaving the machine, does anyone else do that?). 

I've been lusting over the Fjällräven backpack (1) ever since Zooey Deschanel rocked the blue one in New Girl, they're quite expensive but I think I'd get a lot of use out of it, both inside and outside the gym. Plus it matches the Nike Balance tank (3) nicely, it's made from Dri-FIT mesh so you can break a sweat in the most elegant way! 

While it would be nice to have these pretty little extra's to add to my kit I'm not going to let it stop me going to the gym, after all it's only 7 months till Summer so with that scary thought in mind I'm off to workout!...

Do you have any gym kit recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. i believe a great gym work out comes together with confidence of what you are wearing, so that you have that confident to work out to the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! I'll remember that if I decide to splash out on my kit ;)

      Delete
  2. Pretty nice looking gym list! I bought most of the adidas breast cancer awareness gym kit which is quite nice black & pink and of course, money went to a good cause.

    Love your blog! Following on G+, twitter & bloglovin
    I'm having some xmas giveaways over at my blog. Would love it if you had a peek! x
    glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-countdown-win-macadamia-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo I haven't seen the adidas kit, obv been living under a rock, I shall have to have a look. Thank you I had a look at your blog and followed you too!

      Delete