Friday 6 December 2013

MY HAPPY PLACE: CAMDEN LOCK



INSPIRAL


Camden is my new happy place - mainly because it's so great for vegans! We took a trip there last weekend, first stop was lunch at Inspiral where we enjoyed a delicious (vegan) lasagne with a mixed salad. You seriously don't know how good this was seeing as it's been such a long time since I last had a lasagne! If your planning to visit Inspiral be warned, it's a bit on the pricey side although I guess that's to be expected when they're using top notch vegan ingredients. It also gets very cosy in there when it's busy (which is pretty much all the time) but that's a great sign of how popular healthy vegan food is! 



We then perused the infamous Camden Lock market and picked up some very fancy laser cut Christmas cards (sorry I was so excited about these I forgot to take a pic). I've been to Camden market in the Summer but somehow it was even more fun browsing the stalls with a cosy Christmas vibe in the air.



I loved these inventive motorbike seats for diners to sit and eat their takeaway's while overlooking the beautiful canal scenery. 


COOKIES AND SCREAM


Last but not least we visited the Cookies and Scream stall as I've been dying to go for ages. It more than lived up to my expectations, I was in vegan heaven with milkshakes, brownies and cakes galore! The 50's diner style outfits were so fun and the whole stall has such a cool spooky theme going on, definitely not your average cake shop. Again it was unbelievably popular, what you can't see in the photos is me leaning over everyone to get these shots! With all their bakes being gluten free, low in fat and using only the finest ingredients I can definately see why. We took home some salted caramel cake and two chocolate donuts, just thinking about them now is making my mouth water.

Hello Salted Caramel Scream shake

The one that came home to mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment