Wednesday 6 May 2015

STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE


This is one of my favourite smoothies as it's so quick and simple to make. It works as a sweet snack or a light breakfast and as I generally have bananas and strawberries in stock it's something I make on a regular basis.

I've really been getting into flaxseed at the moment and have been adding it to all my cereals and smoothies. Adding flaxseed gives you an extra intake of; fibre, omega-3 and supposedly even promotes weight loss. 


Ingredients (Serves 2):

- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 punnet of frozen strawberries
- 5 cups of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal
- Squirt of agave syrup

Instructions:

Blend on high till the frozen fruit becomes a liquid consistency. I like my smoothies ice-cold but you can always use fresh fruit instead, or simply add in ice if you don't have any pre-frozen fruit to hand.


The perfect healthy ice cold Summery treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment