Sunday 21 December 2014

BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE


This is the best smoothie I've made so far (if I do say so myself). Yes possibly even outranking my beloved peanut butter and chocolate smoothie (recipe for this will be hitting the blog in the near future!). What's not to love about blueberries, they're a superfood containing vitamin K, C and fibre to name a few. They're also full of antioxidents, I like to think of them as natures pearls, nutritious sweets if you will.

Ingredients (makes 2 small servings or one large):

- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 pack of frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 cup almond milk 
- Dash of water
- Small handful of frozen blueberries to add on top
- Sprinkling of chia seeds 

Instructions:

1.) Add all the ingredients to a blender and set on high. If your blender won't handle frozen fruits try using fresh fruit and adding ice for a similar effect.
2.) Decorate with more frozen blueberries and chia seeds on on top


What you can't see in the pictures (as my belly got the better of me - oops!) is the layer of soya vanilla Provamel yoghurt I poured on top. This goes seriously well with blueberries so be sure to give that a try! 


This smoothie got me thinking about the perfect smoothie consistency, mainly because I was arguing with my other half about it, I'm a thick gal myself (watch it!...) and he likes his on the runny side (1st world problems I know). So after much debate we came to a happy medium by adding a dash of water. 

Do you have a preference between thick and creamy or smooth and runny smoothies? What do you add to gain that perfect consistency? Let me know below, would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment