Monday 15 December 2014

URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN


I thought I'd introduce you to one of my favourite vegan make up lines so far, which is the Naked Skin range by Urban Decay. 

I've tried lots of different foundations but this one has got to be the most perfect for my combination skin by far. The formula is truly weightless and goes on like a dream, it feels more like applying a light moisturiser than a foundation. The coverage is also quite light but for me it's enough, I don't like the feel of a heavy foundation on my skin, or god forbid streaky tide marks! I started off with shade 1.0 but realised once a camera flash hit me that I looked like Casper so decided to bump up to shade 2.0, there wasn't a huge difference between the two but I feel the slightly warmer tone of shade 2.0 helps during the Winter months! 

Shade 1 below and 2 above, as you can see not that much of a difference between the two.

I also like to use a concealer underneath (and sometimes on top if I have a big spot!) by Too Faced called 'Absolutely Flawless' in shade Vanilla. This is a paraben free, vegan friendly concealer with a buildable coverage that blends easily and will completely mask any blemishes you may have. Unfortunately the Naked line doesn't include a concealer at the moment but hopefully Urban Decay will release one one day!


The UD ultra definition loose finishing powder sets the foundation for the whole day, leaving your skin shine free and silky smooth. I use shade light in the powder, which works with foundation shades 0.5-3.0. It's worth mentioning that the powder doesn't come with an applicator, I recommend using the vegan friendly baby buki brush by Lily Lolo to apply.


Have any of you tried the Naked line? Or do you have any other vegan friendly make-up recommendations? Leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment