Thursday 18 December 2014

RAW CACAO BLISS BALLS


These little bitesize wonders are raw, healthy and every sweet-toothed, chocolate lovers dream. You can enjoy these beauties safe in the knowledge that every ingredient is good for you and they don't contain any refined sugar, gluten or dairy. They take 5 mins to whizz up and another 5 mins to roll into balls, they can also last for over a week in the fridge - what's not to love!

Ingredients:

- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 1 cup of rolled oats (I used gluten free porridge oats)
- 4 heaped tbsp of cacao (add less/more depending on how chocolatey you want them)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of filtered water for mixing
- Shredded coconut for rolling


Instructions:

1.) Add the oats to your food processor first. Then add all the other ingredients, you want the mixture to turn into a thoroughly combined smooth consistency. Use the plunger if you have a Vitamix to ensure all the ingredients are mixed in well.
2.) Keep adding drops of water to the blender to make the mixing easier.
3.) Once the texture is smooth, scoop the mixture out with a spoon and into a container for refridgeration.
4.) Leave mixture in the fridge overnight to harden.
5.) Now comes the fun part! The next day take the mixture out of the fridge and roll it into balls.
6.) Next roll the balls in a bowl of shredded coconut. You could also use cacao, chopped nuts or whatever you fancy - this mixture pretty much goes with every coating imaginable!

I love that these bliss balls are both filling and energy fuelled. Pair these with a lovely cup of tea for a heavenly mid-afternoon treat.

1 comment:

  1. Danette May Found The Recipe Of Here Superfood Cacao Bliss

    I was flipping through my orders and saw this...it's still eligible for return and I'm already on my second can! I love this stuff its my 100% true Cacao Bliss reviews If for no other reason than it goes into my coffee with some cream and makes it possible for me to have a one net carb, sugar free mocha every day. I also feel like it makes me peppier and happier. But maybe that's because I get to have a sugar free, superfood boosted, healthy mocha every day without guilt. YUM.

    ReplyDelete