Sunday 28 December 2014

HEALTHY CHIPS


Yes it's true, chips can be healthy - music to my carb loving belly! If like me, you get home from work and crave something stodgy and warm but not too oily or junky, these baked chips are the one for you.

Baked potato chips are also an excellent carb loaded raw till 4 dinner option for anyone transitioning to a raw diet, it's like having a guilty treat your used to eating, without feeling gross and heavy afterwards. I myself am trying to incorporate more healthy foods into my diet and am looking at raw till 4 diets to gain some meal inspiration.


Instructions:

1.) Pre heat your oven to 200c (fan assisted).
2.) Simply cut up 4 baking potatoes into fries (eat as many potatoes as you need if your on raw till 4 otherwise save half or eat them with something else).
3.) Line two oven trays with baking paper (depending on how many potatoes your baking).
4.) Sprinkle on any spices or herbs. I used garlic granules and mixed herbs on mine.
5.) Bake for around 30-40mins, turning over halfway through cooking time.
6.) Serve with healthy condiments (see below) and lettuce leaves for wrapping.


You can beef up (or should that be veg up?) your chips as much as you want, by adding your own spices and herbs like oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic granules, onion granules, chilli powder etc. Serve with sauces such as chilli, vegan mayo or ketchup - just like regular chips! Obviously you have to choose your condiments wisely - low salt, sugar and fat are the way to go. You can even make your own raw sweet chilli sauce here.

I love to wrap my chips in the lettuce leaves then dip in my ketchup or mayo. Feel free to add your own salad/veggies on the side too.


If you have any raw till 4 eating tips or great healthy vegan/raw food recipes let me know in the comments below! Look forward to sharing my healthy eating journey with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment